Welcome!

Are you being overlooked by college recruiters?

Walk-onAthletes.com's goal is to open the lines of communication to help overlooked high school athletes play football beyond high school and earn a scholarship.

There are many high school recruiting sites out there, but no other site caters to the majority of high school athletes, which are the athletes NOT receiving athletic scholarships. I understand how important it is for you to fully understand the process before you begin on this course, and I am here to help.

You have stumbled upon one of the few web sites that encourage you to pursue your dreams and earn that college scholarship.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Question and Answer 6/1/2009



The most fulfilling aspect of doing this website is being able to answer questions and hopefully provide some quality and useful insight to their specific situation, here is a good example of some of the questions I receive. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at evan.judge@gmail.com, I am here to help!

Question: (names have been changed)

Evan,

I am currently attending a community college to obtain the credit hours I need to transfer to XYZ University(D-1AA).

As a senior,2005, I had offers to play at a few D-2 schools and a few Jucos. At the time, I was burned out from football after playing varsity since my 8th grade year and I turned down all my offers.

So now at 22 years, I can't take it anymore....I have to play ball. I've met with a strength and speed coach who can hopefully get my 40 time where it needs to be. My plan is to transfer in January to XYZ University and participate in spring training. I figure if I'm going to be in college....I might as well do this. It's gotten to the point where I have to turn off the t.v. if there's a football game on....it just makes me sad and jealous that I'm not playing.

What advice can you give me???
I'm so ready to do this but I hope I'm not getting in over my head. What can I expect? How difficult is this going to be?

Thanks for your help,

Johnny Walk-on

Response:

Johnny-

Good hearing from you. I applaud your emotion. I have a couple
questions: how long have you been in college? the reason I ask is that
once you enter any college, whether community or university, your
"NCAA clock" starts, so your eligibility starts running down.. Second,
why dont you try to transfer for the Fall and try and walk-on for this
season? if you can do it academically, you should capture your desire
now and you'll gain momentum on experience by starting sooner rather than later..

In terms of getting ready physically, don't just concentrate on 40 time
and weight room, but focus on agility and position specific drills(ie,
wide receiver: run routes, catch balls, etc).. You want to be as ready
as possible to be a football player rather than just a weight room
wonder..

I would also start contacting the coaches at XYZ and tell them of
your intentions, you'll get a good idea of where you stand and what
needs they have.. The good news is, walk-ons are free and they can be used as tackling dummies, so few get turned away.. All that is is an
opportunity to showcase yourself..

Hope this helps a bit, let me know if you have anymore questions..

Good luck!

Evan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After much time spent on this website, I see that it is quite useful. However, for eligibility and hopes of one day playing D1 football, how do I know being a Walk on is my best choice? I am fnishing my 2nd semester at a D3 school as a full time student(freshman). In the fall season the school cancelled the football program half through, for financial reasons. How many years can I play and how should I go about playing this summer without putting on the pads for a year??

Unknown said...

Hello,

Wow so nice! I like this site. Keep it working every day.

Fitness programs for children