Welcome!

Are you being overlooked by college recruiters?

Walk-onAthletes.com's goal is to open the lines of communication to help overlooked high school athletes play football beyond high school and earn a scholarship.

There are many high school recruiting sites out there, but no other site caters to the majority of high school athletes, which are the athletes NOT receiving athletic scholarships. I understand how important it is for you to fully understand the process before you begin on this course, and I am here to help.

You have stumbled upon one of the few web sites that encourage you to pursue your dreams and earn that college scholarship.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Questions & Answers 2


As stated before, I like to post questions and answers and hope it may answer the questions for other student-athletes who are going through the same thing.

1. I am a Senior in High School and I am looking to stay in shape for the upcoming season. I want to be prepared, so can you recommend any specific workouts that are a liitle more advanced than what my PE Coach has going for me? I play Linebacker and Tight End...but want to concentrate on Linebacker or maybe Defensive End.

Good question. This answer depends on what type of person you are. If you think you are mature enough to work out on your own, then I would sit down and map out a set schedule to get you prepared for next fall. If you are planning on playing TE or DE in college, I would definitely hit the weight room hard. Since it is still early, I would recommend hitting the weight room 3 days per week, maybe using your old high school program to help you gain strength, weight, and muscle mass. I would devote the other 2 days to conditioning and agility drills. Not only should you condition for stamina, but you should devote time to agility drills and position specific drills(ie cones drills, quickness drills, etc) As the season gets closer, step up your intensity.

If you do not think you have the self-discipline to stick to a strict work-out, I would suggest training at a Sports Performance type facility that caters to athletes in your position. They are very effective at preparing athletes for all sorts of situations. Ask around and find out what program is the best!

If you already have a school picked out and the coaches know you are coming, I would suggest training with the team during their summer work-outs. Not only will you have a longer time to absorb what college football is all about, you will be better prepared mentally and physically for the upcoming season. This may sound intimidating at first, but it is actually quite normal and will give you a HUGE advantage!

No comments: